Mon - Thu: 8am - 5pm
River road (off zorn avenue)
hester medical plaza (ShephErdsville)
Mon - Thu: 8am - 5pm
Friday: 8am - 4pm
AARP through United Healthcare
AARP Supplement to Medicare
Anthem/Blue Cross Blue Shield
Caresource of Kentucky Marketplace
Caresource of Indiana Marketplace
CenterCare – Exchange and Baptist Health Plan Medicare Advantage
Gateway Medicare Advantage
PHP – Beech Street, Sagamore Health Network
Tricare (referral required before scheduling)
Triwest (referral required before scheduling)
Veterans Administration (referral required before scheduling)
For billing questions or to pay your bill over the phone, call (502) 589-6940.
– Payment for services performed is the responsibility of the patient. Any portion of the charges not covered by the patient’s insurance carrier must be paid by the patient. This “patient portion” is due at the time of your visit if you have a deductible associated with your insurance plan.
– Co-payments are due in full at the time of the appointment. If you are unable to pay your co-pay, you must reschedule. Because dermatologists are considered specialists by most insurance carriers, co-payments are generally higher than a primary care physician.
– If your insurance plan has a deductible, please come to your visit prepared to pay for your services. Many insurance carriers consider dermatologic procedures “surgical” procedures and therefore different from an office visit.
– If it is discovered after we submit your insurance claim that you have met your deductible, or that your negotiated insurance rate is less than collected, we will refund your money.
– We accept all major credit cards, checks or cash.
– Proof of insurance (insurance card) is required at the time of the service if you would like insurance to be billed for all or part of your bill. If proof of insurance is not available you will be required to pay for your services in full at the time of the visit.
– For patients with High-Deductible Healthcare Plans (HDHP) who have not yet met their annual deductible, all or a portion of cost of the rendered services shall be collected at checkout.
– For high-cost procedures (like Mohs Surgery), a minimum of $645 up to $1,300 is due at the time of the procedure.
– For procedures that are considered cosmetic and not commonly covered by insurance plans (skin tag removal, botox injections, etc.), full payment is due at the time of service. We will be happy to bill your insurance for the service and reimburse you if the service happens to be covered by your insurance carrier.
Referral Policy – Some insurance carriers require referrals from a primary care provider in order to be seen by a specialist. If your insurance carrier requires this, we must have a valid referral prior to scheduling your appointment.
Due to space constraints, we ask that no more than two people accompany you on the day of surgery. We also ask that you make yourself available the week following surgery for post-operative evaluation. Travel plans should be avoided near the date of your appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will the surgery leave a scar?
A: Yes. Any form of treatment will leave a scar; however, because Mohs surgery removes as little normal tissue as possible, scarring is minimized. Immediately after the cancer is removed, we may choose to:
• leave the wound to heal by itself
• repair the wound with stitches
• reconstruct the wound with a skin graft or flap
• arrange consultation with a constructive surgeon.
Q: Will I have pain or bruising after surgery?
A: Most patients do not complain of pain. If there is any discomfort, a non-narcotic pain reliever is usually all that is necessary for relief. Avoid taking medications containing aspirin as they may cause bleeding. You may have some bruising around the wound especially if the surgery is close to the eye. Please notify the office if you are taking any type of blood thinner.
Q: Will my insurance cover the cost of the surgery?
A: Most insurance policies cover the cost of MOHS surgery. The Skin Group is a participating provider with most insurance plans, including Medicare. We accept assignment on Medicare. It may be necessary to obtain a referral from your primary care physician.
Please notify the office as soon as possible if you are not able to make your appointment. Any patient cancelling an appointment without A 24-hour notice or who misses their appointment without a phone call shall be required to pay a $50 no show fee.